- ON HEALTHCARE: Everyone is entitled to quality care throughout our lives, it's a basic human right. The COVID crisis has exposed the glaring disparities in care received for people of color and the rural populations.
- ON EDUCATION: Michigan's 10th congressional district is 80% rural and doesn't have reliable internet and cellular service making it very difficult to pursue higher education. Our district lags behind in secondary school education graduates, which stifles progress in our rural areas.
- THE ECONOMY: We need to focus on re-building our small businesses and local infrastructures, to flourish once again post COVID. We also need to demand transparency as to where the $600 billion in PPP money went. The majority of our small businesses did not receive any PPP, causing a cascade effect of closures and bankruptcies.
- VETERANS: Sad and striking fact, the state of Michigan is 50th in the nation with respect to Veteran's services. I will be a major advocate of change for us veterans, working to make healthcare, mental health and family services a priority in Michigan.
- ENVIRONMENT: With the water levels in the Great Lakes rising again to record highs, we need to take immediate action on shoreline preservation and protection of our drinking waters. Further inland, water tables have risen, silting is occurring at a faster rate in ponds, contamination of our groundwater by cancer causing chemicals, all of these problems and more need to be urgently addressed. I will be a strong advocate for the re-implementation of the EPA laws that have been rolled back by the current administration and for the push toward clean energy.
Committee to Elect kelly noland
50124 Maurice road
Chesterfield, MI 48047